Hi there! I know I haven’t contributed to the Great Web of information in a while, but I’m hoping to change my habits. Meanwhile, I’ve been doing some exploration and experimentation, dreaming up, sketching out and testing some new “lifehacks.” Here are some of my best tried-and-true body problem hacks:
- Giant Pus-filled Pimples? => Cut the top or, better yet, the bottom off of an onion and rub it over the pimple (prepare to cry). Onion juice is disinfecting and rich in nutrients. The pimple should dry out and scab within a day. Vitamins A and C and the B vitamins are good for healing skin.
- Bad Bloody Nose? => Plug your nostril(s) with a wet tissue or handkerchief. Blood and water don’t mix well. I’ve found that damming with water speeds up the clotting process without creating “back pressure” (leading to blood swallowing). Awesome!
- Burning Belly? => Cool it down with an ice pack wrapped in cloth. Simple, but it works. If you don’t have ice or an icepack, try rubbing something with (-)-menthol, like peppermint leaves, over the area. In a pinch, press cool metal objects against the skin.
- Yeast Infection? => Brew a strong cup of chamomile tea. Rub anywhere there are signs of a yeast infection. There are other herbs that kill yeasts, but not all of them are as skin-friendly as chamomile.
- Got a Good Chemist-y Body Hack? => Feel free to share in the comments!
Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are for information purposes only. I am not a medical practitioner, and this is not medical advice. I intend no harm or deceit. I am not responsible for any negative result that could arise from reading this blog post.